Great Campaigns of the American Civil War
2008 PBEM Tournament
This is a Play-By-Email tournament for the Great Campaigns of the American Civil War series (AH/MMP).
September 20, 2008
Round 2, "McDowell" was completed earlier this month. Pairings for Round 3, "Gaines Mill", have now been made and games are underway. The scenario rules and VP Conditions can be found here and include offical changes from the Skirmisher version.
May 5, 2008
Please note a few rule clarifications for Round 2:
- Remember to use the standard series rules, found either in GTC, Skirmisher No. 1, or on gcacw.com.
- The standard rules mention a +6 VP adjustment for "McDowell". We're going to disregard that. Instead, we will adjust the VPs by +3. Here are the adjusted VP levels (note that any bid will be in addition to these adjustments):
|17 or more||CSA Decisive|
|13 to 16||CSA Substantive|
|9 to 12||CSA Marginal|
|5 to 8||USA Marginal|
|1 to 4||USA Substantive|
|0 or less||USA Decisive|
- Don't forget this scenario includes random rain events. You'll use the Stonewall in the Valley random events chart. Note also that the SiV RE chart changes on May 1 - smack dab in the middle of the scenario.
|Rain Result||Turn 1|
Random Event DR
Random Event DR
|No Effect||4, 6 to 11||5 to 11|
|Rain +1||3||2, 3|
|Rain +2||2, 12||12|
- Note that the placement of the Major and Minor River unfordable markers are governed by the standard rules
- Remember per the scenario instructions, this is "south map only". You may need to figure out where the map barrier is (it runs east to west just north of the northeastern most Yank objective)
- Union leaders are NOT +1 to movement rates. Instead, they guarantee a minimum of 2. So a roll of 1 is 2 MPs ... and a roll of 6 is 6 MPs.
January 15, 2008
Pairings for Round 1, "McClellan's Opportunity" have now been made.
December 3, 2007
Tournament Rules Highlights
- Standard Series Rules
- 4 Preliminary Rounds
- 3 Single-elimination Rounds
- Bid for sides using VPs
- BPA Event (BPA Membership required)
- New Players encouraged to participate
|Round 1: McClellan's Opportunity (HCR)||January 15 to April 15, 2008|
|Round 2: McDowell (SIV)||May 1 to July 30, 2008|
|Round 3: Gaines Mill (SK1)||August 15 to November 15, 2008|
|Round 4: South Mountain (Best of 3; HCR)||December 1, 2008 to March 15, 2009|
|Quarterfinals: Sedgwick to the Rescue (SLB)||April 1 to June 15, 2009|
|Semifinals: Bloody Spotsylvania (GTC)||July 1 to September 30, 2009|
|Finals: Rebels in the White House Campaign (SK2)||October 15, 2009 to January 15, 2010|
|Name||AREA Rating||# Games|